Re: Re: Re: Re: RB Gig Bags for Tuba

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kenneth Sloan on April 02, 2001 at 22:35:11:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: RB Gig Bags for Tuba posted by Rick Denney on April 02, 2001 at 09:25:08:

Indeed - I occasionally think about a way to add backpack straps to the Yamaha case.

I have two reasons for even considering a dent bag. First, it would be nice to have
a pocket or three for music, etc. Second, my primary rehearsal hall is at the bottom of a rather long set of stairs.

The case and horn are easy enough to carry, but it feels inefficient to be stretching one hand and leaning over to one side. The wheels help on level ground - but not on three flights of stairs! I don't find this a big problem now, but one of the reasons I have the 621 is my own small size and advancing age.

Oh yeah...another reason...I was the owner of a beautiful 1971 Datsun 240Z. I'm in the market for cars again, and note that Nissan is trying to go back to the roots of the Z. I would really love a "2-seater wagon" - but Nissan (and others) continue to miss the point of the original Z; it wasn't so mucha sports car as a personal touring vehicle. I know that my 621 (in the case) would fit easily in the back of that 1971 240Z - but there are damn few "similar" cars on the market today where that's true. So...if a gig bag would allow me to drive the new (2003, I think) Z...

Otherwise, we're talking VW GTI (or even the new Jetta Wagon) or perhaps the new (2002) Mazda Protege wagon. Time to start a new thread...further up. Go look there, now!

Follow Ups: