Re: Re: Besson EEb question

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bryan on March 01, 2002 at 14:31:16:

In Reply to: Re: Besson EEb question posted by Ola on March 01, 2002 at 11:11:22:

Keeping in mind there is a different leadpipe between even the 981 and 982 which results in a noticably different sound, the difference between my 981 and the smaller belled horn is drastic. My kid plays both a mirafone 185 (184 bell) and a 6\4 holton. From across the house I mistakenly thought I heard him playing the holton when in fact it was the little mirafone (damn kid!). I'm sure the likes of Fletcher, Bobo, and the like would be more than capable to support an orchestra on the smaller Besson but I would not have the confidence to make such an attempt. I too have heard similar stories regarding Mr. Fletcher's EEb, but have only seen pics of him with a larger belled instrument. The leadpipe on his horn is like nothing I have ever seen, seemingly coming straight out of the valves rather than jogging upwards. This may be to better fit his size, but I am sure that with the same setup he used I would not sound as sweet!

Bryan "going back to the practice room" Altherr

Follow Ups: