FS: Shoichiro Hokazono Euph Mouthpiece

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Scott F on March 02, 2002 at 14:37:48:

Hi Folks,

As many of you probably know, I've got a Japanese friend who I've had purchase several hard to find items in Japan for me. He got me all 6 Shoichiro Hokazono euphonium recordings (only 3 are available in the US) last year, and I like them very much. Anyway, last summer he told me about a new euphonium mouthpiece that was being developed by Mr. Hokazono by Yamaha. I told him I was very interested (at that time I was), and when he went back over there recently I forgot to tell him that I was no longer interested. So he arrived at my doorstep yesterday with a brand new Yamaha 53H mouthpiece (the H is for Hokazono). Since I switched mouthpieces last year and am delighted with my current setup, I have no use for this mouthpiece. It is a silver LARGE shank mouthpiece and is currently used by Mr. Hokazono on the YEP-842. Cup diameter is 25.91 mm, which puts it in between the Wick 5AL/SM5 and Wick 4AL/SM4 mouthpieces. Unlike the standard Yamaha mouthpieces I've seen, this one has a VERY open backbore. It is still in its sealed original plastic and has literally never been played. Currently the standard Yamaha mouthpieces with large shank are being sold for $40. And that is what I want for it (plus shipping).

First come, first served...If interested please email me at: msfurness(AT)hotmail.com

Thanks,
Scott

Follow Ups: