Re: CC or BBb an "old dog"

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Doc on March 10, 2002 at 11:34:28:

In Reply to: CC or BBb an "old dog" posted by John Cooper on March 08, 2002 at 00:45:31:

John,
Everyone who has gone from BBb to CC, F, Eb has asked themselves if they can or if they should. It's just not that difficult. Yes, it will take some time, but you can do it. BTW, don't sell that 184 if you don't have to. They are rare, and nobody said you have to quit BBb altogether. You can do both. If you get a big CC, you may want to have a smaller horn around. The first time I had to play Bydlo, I didn't own an F tuba (I had been saving, though). I bought one and learned it. Three months later, I nailed it on the concerts. Of course, I practiced quite a bit, but I successfully learned the horn. If you know Pictures, than you know it's traditionally played on contrabass tuba, switch to bass tuba for Bydlo, then back to contrabass for the rest. If I can do it, anyone can. Don't let the change scare you, look at it as a stimulating new challenge. We can all argue over the benefits of CC, but those who switch (a great many) don't do it for their health, the do it because it's better for them. I still play my BBb for some things, so it's not like you have to abandon your "child". Have an entire family. You can do both. Go for it. You'll be glad you did. (BTW, real tuba players play Bydlo on tuba, not euph)

Doc (who's about to start a feud)

Follow Ups: