Re: Problems with teeth?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ian Robinson on March 10, 2002 at 21:48:58:

In Reply to: Problems with teeth? posted by Sam R on March 09, 2002 at 05:35:49:

I have had a lot of trouble with my teeth. I can feel them move a lot when I play esp. in the pedal register. What my dentist thinks (and I agree with him) is that it is from a combination of having braces for several years as a child leading to shorter roots and a lot of time on the mouthpiece. If you had braces or some other kind of trauma this could be part of the problem.

If this is your problem the solution is to have the weaker teeth conected to stronger teeth. I had mine bonded and it worked out great untill the bondings broke. They went like dominoes. The next experiment is a conective strip inserted into the back of the teeth. Sounds scarry that's why we tried the bonding first.

Before the bondings broke I felt comfortable playing for the first time. The bonding may work for someone whose problem is not as drastic as mine. My roots are 1/3 the normal length. Talk to your dentist and teachers or colegues that have had dental problems. I hope this helps.

Follow Ups: