Re: Re: PT-4 vs Mirafone188 vs MW2145

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by EMH on March 16, 2002 at 23:16:07:

In Reply to: Re: PT-4 vs Mirafone188 vs MW2145 posted by Eric Matthew Hofgren on March 16, 2002 at 18:24:24:

I thank you guys for supporting me.

Just to add.
When I tried the Hirsbrunner 20 (or 21, I dont remember), the miraphone, the Conn, I physically felt uncomfortable holding them. They obscured my posture, so I instantly decided against them. Nothing against the horns at all, I'm just a shorter guy. The MW and the Pt-4 instantly fit me. I loved the Pt-4, but it was way out of my price range. I looked around some more and found several MW's at Dillon's. One was brand new and the other was used. The used one suited me better, I bought it for half the cost of the Pt-4.

Yes I also neglected the mouthpiece issue here. I beleive that a plyer should use a mouthpiece that is also physically comfortable. In HS I used the standard Bach, it was ok to start. Then I used a larger Bach, liked it better. I marched jr. drum corps after HS and they forced us to use conn-helleberg's. I did not like this MP at all. I continued to use it in college, but I found that I could get no where with it. (I did allow for recovery time after marching corps). I looked around for MP's and I found the William Rose MP that was based upon a MP that Mr. Rose personally made for himself to use with the St. Petersburg BBb Tubas. It is a much larger 'American' style MP, comparable to the Pt-88 (which I also like, but again too much $$) and to a MP designed by the Tubist in the Buffalo Phil/Eastman teacher. (I'm really bad at names) I loved the latter MP, but at $250. I can't afford it right now when what I have is working well. WOW, I BS'd for a long time! Sorry.

I would also like to add that I am a 'Student', so I am not all knowing or always Right. I do, however, have A LOT of diverse experience.

Follow Ups: