Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hymnal Bass part

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe Baker on March 18, 2002 at 18:46:11:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hymnal Bass part posted by Steve Le Bel on March 18, 2002 at 18:25:03:

I'm not sure what you perceive as a slap. For the record, none was intended. The only things I can see are that you disagree with recommending the Baptist Hymnal per se, or you think that the tag 'some things are more important than the tuba' was meant to discourage playing hymns ON the tuba.

I'll not bother to defend the Hymnal; if you know of a better source of hymns, I'll gladly defer on the point. As to the mention of importance and tubas, I was only referring to the fact that some songs are MORE important than the instrument upon which they are played. As I said, I would rather make music for my God than anything, whether I am making it with my voice, my tuba, or anything else! My wife always comes upstairs to listen when I'm playing hymns on my tuba. She doesn't do that for ANY other music. I think I just play them better because I care more about them.

I hope this doesn't sound defensive. I just wanted to be crystal clear, and to be certain I was not discouraging Allan or anyone else.

Joe Baker, who promotes worship with any instrument.

Follow Ups: