Re: tuba needed

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Klaus on March 22, 2002 at 10:32:37:

In Reply to: tuba needed posted by andre on March 22, 2002 at 02:43:51:

Your situation is about getting max tuba for minimum $$.

Basically it is so for all of us, but as your price frame is inflexible, you have to flex at the other end of the deal.

As a 4 valve BBb is just so much more satisfying to play than a 3 valve, I would say you should follow the link given below.

No guarantees for, where that auction will end pricewise. But a 4 valve Besson comp BBb is better for band usage than a small Yamaha or a tiny Conn anyway.

For the sake of fairness I will tell you of the flip sides of that coin:

Small receiver implies a much narrower selection of mouthpieces. Or the mounting of a new receiver.

Bell front is to the dislike of some people. If you can play the tuba, you can safely ignore them. Good, or even acceptable, tubists are in short supply mostwhere.

The comp system might at first fool you below low E natural. But for the better, when it comes to the logic of fingerings.

You would probably, and I certainly do, prefer a large old American BBb. You hardly ever will find a useable one within your cashframe.

To preempt your question for mouthpiece options:

Denis Wick has a non-L, That is DW # plain, series that is good. The DW 1, would be an obvious choice for optimizing this tuba.

All the best

Klaus

Follow Ups: