To MS

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by callmeapple on March 23, 2002 at 16:12:14:

Well, I broke my promise about reading your stuff, but anyhou...
In regards to the lower "on your stand" post, About dag-nabbit time I got that name right. Anyhou... The Schmekle Sonata is actually a work in progress by a composer at my school. The first movement hasn't quite been finished, but it's going to be a great work. If any of you in the future have the opportunity to play a piece by Peter Schmekle, by all means, go for it!! He's going to be one of the greater composers around.
And, yes Mike. That is my piece. I originally wrote it for my teacher (Tony Mazzaferro) and I'm just waiting around for him to premiere it before I take a stab at it myself. The first two movements are a kind of shorter mimic of the Gregson with some V.Williams thrown in. The last movement is kind of a demented circus clown thing in a rondo-type style (theme repeating several times and such). It's pretty fun. The first movement is hardest because of the demands of the player to keep the airflow constant during scale lines across (or over) brakes and sequenced licks (like the soloists second entrance on the V.Williams starting on F four lines under the staff).

Later,

Ken Applegate

Follow Ups: