Re: Re: Wanted: YOUR ideas for a tuba/euph conf.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bob Daniel on March 28, 2002 at 08:26:28:

In Reply to: Re: Wanted: YOUR ideas for a tuba/euph conf. posted by Tony on March 28, 2002 at 07:49:20:

Many good comments and suggestions. The idea of inviting college tuba/euph ensembles will give you good numbers. Another good suggestion is the young artist competition. An idea from the flute world. (My wife is a professional flutist and my daughter plays quite a bit, so I have gone to quite a few regional flute shows as a "Flute Dad.") At several of these regional gatherings, the young artist competitions are broken down into divisions by school grade all the way from beginner to college undergraduate. The student plays for the judge and the judge takes the time to work with the student plus it is all taped for the student to review further at a later date.....A great educational opportunity. The judge awards a division winner (outstanding soloist) as well as honorable mention recoginition. They will also offer a competition for ensembles as well. It will be a logistical challenge to find enough qualified judges for each grade level, not to mention rooms, etc. Nevertheless, these are ideas to consider in improving your attendance.

Featuring major guest artists on the euph and tuba is a great idea and will always be a big draw.

Good luck with keep the conference going.

Follow Ups: