Re: Re: questions abt: tuba teachers in NYC area

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay Hahs on March 30, 2002 at 11:44:53:

In Reply to: Re: questions abt: tuba teachers in NYC area posted by Todd Morgan on March 30, 2002 at 09:49:18:

Yep!

Mike Salzman is a great guy to study with, and won't be as expensive as other names like Warren Deck. I studied with him for a semester while I was at Hofstra, and learned a lot with the short amount of time I got with him. He has studied with Harvey Phillips at Indiana, and also with Sam Pilifian, Warren Deck, and Bill Barber from what I can remember. Hofstra is about 15 miles away from NYC, and is not hard very hard to find. Check out the website at www.hofstra.edu, and his contact info should be there. Just a word of caution, he is very busy (like most of us musicians!), so I'm not sure what his schedule would be like.

Jay Rozen is also on the island (western suffolk-eastern nassau) and is a fantastic person and teacher. I have never had lessons with him, but do a summer gig with him, and I learn so much just with that! I think he is actually affiliated with (LIU) CW Post now, so he might be listed in that web site. If not, I don't have his info around here.

Those are the people I have experience with, so I won't comment on any others I don't. Good Luck!

Jay Hahs

Follow Ups: