Re: Re: Beelzebub Band Parts

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chirs B on March 03, 2003 at 14:41:08:

In Reply to: Re: Beelzebub Band Parts posted by JS on March 03, 2003 at 13:52:22:

Actually, according to Carl Fischer, it is permanently out of print, but they have archived all such music at Eastman. The charges are for someone to go into the archives and photo copy the parts. They even say "Please note that the copy you will receive is not a prepared, "performance" copy with pages attached. It is a photocopy of the original."
Due to labor costs, it will cost $217.00 to get this, which you then own and can duplicate for performance, etc.
The rental industry has always been a differenet thing and costly. Also, we are talking about a relatively short duration piece, not a full concerto, etc., etc. I could probably get the group to rent the piece for a "reasonable" fee but know that $200+ is more than they can afford. If I can't find it, I'll let you know and we can see what might be worked out. There are other, affordabel options of music to play, but this would fit into the specific program they have in mind.
Thanks for the response.

Follow Ups: