Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: new thread - old topic ( NOT BBb vs. CC)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chris R on March 03, 2003 at 18:39:10:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: new thread - old topic ( NOT BBb vs. CC) posted by Rick Denney on March 03, 2003 at 17:50:51:

Yes, I think we're on the same page now. Discussion shouldn't be used by itself for it's hard to get all the students to learn. I think it's safe to say that a discussion will follow some sort of reading or project. A discussion with a class would be hard without much to base it on. The same is for tests/quizzes etc. I think training can also follow education in that you study in a particular discipline. For example, training to become a music teacher, an engineer, or a lawyer. This is where you gain the skills and experience you need to continue into your career. But now that I think about it, this training would be followed by education. The further you get into your career, the more you learn about yourself, others in your field, and your actual field. We as humans are curious, and as a result, are always learning, no matter what age we are. But we need the skills to be able to learn which is where the training comes in. I guess it comes down to the cycles of training followed by education. We need to be trained to be able to learn, if that make any sense at all. Well, I guess that makes sense, like you pointed out. We need to learn to read before we can educate ourselves by reading. It's just a matter of defining training and education. Well, I need to run now. I need dinner before I head out to rehearsal. Thanks for your reply again...

Chris

Follow Ups: