Re: Re: A couple of euphonium questions.....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Doug Elliott on March 09, 2003 at 22:07:37:

In Reply to: Re: A couple of euphonium questions..... posted by Rick Denney on March 09, 2003 at 18:55:56:

Rick's right. There's no way that you, as a high school senior, have any idea what you will be doing or will want to be doing when you finish college, or 5 or 10 years afterward. You should be looking at it as an education that you may use a variety of ways, maybe related and maybe not. You may very well end up doubling on trombone or something else, or even get interested in some other field. If you're serious about performance and you have the potential, go for it. I was a trombone performance major. I then freelanced, repaired cars, started my mouthpiece business, got in a military band when I was 33 (Air Force Airmen of Note), and I still freelance, and I'm happy. The average age of people getting into the DC bands is 28. I wasn't looking to go into the military; the audition presented itself and I decided to go for it. You've got plenty of time to change your mind about that, or take life where it leads you.

Follow Ups: