LOW BRASS WEEK (AT) Illinois State

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mike Forbes on March 12, 2003 at 00:27:04:

Hello All,

Just wanted to let you know of the low brass happenin's this upcoming week. If you can't get over to Mark Mordue's conference at Ball State, and still want to see/hear Roland Szentpali--this might be your chance. Schedule of events as follows:

All events to occur on Illinois State's Campus, Bloomington/Normal, IL

TUESDAY, MARCH 18th: ROLAND SZENTPALI MASTERCLASS. This is free and open to the public. Begins at 3 PM, Cook Hall (the only castle-looking building on the quad at Illinois State):

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 19th, 8 PM Center for the Performing Arts (CPA*):
ISU TROMBONE CHOIR & TUBA/EUPHONIUM ENSEMBLE. Roland will be joining the ISU tubas for a rousing version of John Stevens' "Dances" and I'll be playing Ewazen's "Concertino for Bass Trombone (Tuba) & Trombone Choir." The evening ends with combined forces playing Barnes' arrangement of Yorkshire Ballade and my arrangement of Pines of the Appian Way (many of you may remember AFTEE playing this 2-3 yrs. ago)--ahhh, what fun!

THURSDAY, MARCH 20th, 8 PM CPA: Roland Szentpali solo recital. He'll be repeating this virtuo"sick" recital at the Midwest Regional Conference on Sunday, March 23rd at 10:30 AM. I believe he's doing more performances at the Univ. of Wisconsin-Madison after the weekend and then also at Univ. of North Carolina (AT) Greensboro.

**All CPA events have admission charges.

Hope many of you can make it out to Normal for these Illinois State LOW BRASS WEEK events!

Thanks,
Mike

Follow Ups: