Re: MW45S-LP (AT)Dillons

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matt Walters on March 17, 2003 at 08:56:39:

In Reply to: MW45S-LP (AT)Dillons posted by looking on March 16, 2003 at 13:01:15:

Gang,
I have friends that couldn't hear the difference between a $100 stereo system and a $10,000 system. Tom Railsback has a 3 valve top action BBb King that I would love to get my hands on, but it's not for sale. I would pay more for that horn than any other 3 valve top action tuba out there. If a violinist can hear the difference between a $6000 bow and a $1000 BOW, what does that say about our ears and the tubas we play. That makes the joke, "Did you hear about the tubist that was so bad, even the other tubists knew it?" take on more meaning. Some people can hear and feel the differences and otheres can't. I think David is right. When someone plays that horn and magic happens, the money will be there to pay the price the owner of this consignment horn wants. The owner of that horn knows he owns the first and original 45S-LP and that it was owned and played by Warren Deck. Yes, I have played some very expensive tubas that just don't work for me. Matt

Follow Ups: