Re: $12000-(working valves not included)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bryan on March 18, 2003 at 16:10:28:

In Reply to: $12000-(working valves not included) posted by fed-up/broke on March 18, 2003 at 11:43:48:

I recently bought a MW2000 and it is the fourth MW I've owned with the big valve set. None of my other horns gave me any problems but the valves were so tight on this one that I was considering getting a lap job (hmm, that sounds dirty) but found another solution:

1. Call Dave Fedderly and have him sell/send you the same springs he got for me. I think he said they were from Besson but I don't remember for sure. They are much easier to work with than the stock ones.

2. There are as many favorite oils out there as there are people. My previous favorite was Spacefiller II until this horn. Since I switched to Hetman #1 (light piston) I have had ZERO problems with sticking of any kind.

I am not a repairman nor have I seen your horn so I can't say for certain that you don't have a more serious problem, but I would try these steps first as it will cost you next to nothing.

Good Luck!
Bryan McElhaney

BTW - I notice you're from Cleveland. If you do end up needing work, I would go to Chuck Long or Stan Mattras and not some hack place. They will do it right the first time.

Follow Ups: