Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "I love the tuba guy" by Jay Leno

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by JoeS on March 20, 2003 at 12:28:33:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "I love the tuba guy" by Jay Leno posted by Steve Marcus on March 20, 2003 at 12:12:11:

They were one of my Mom's favorite acts.

Maybe Tom was disecting my post a bit farther than it's actual substance, which is OK.

All I was trying to get at was this: Even if ALL adult tuba players play better than Roger Bobo, there still won't be places in orchestras to accomodate all of them. Nope, not even community orchestras. In many cities, community orchestra tuba positions are coveted positions. So...

...rather than sending money to our states to create several dozen orchestral tuba players each year, perhaps we (citizens and young tuba players alike) should take a look at more effectively blending our instrument into other genre (THIS WAS THE MAIN "THEME" THAT WAS STATED REPEATEDLY WHEN T.U.B.A. WAS FIRST ORGANIZED.) and when we do have an opportunity to perform in non-traditional ensembles, we should be READY to PLAY OUR BEST - just as if we are "auditioning" for an orchestra position (so we will be asked BACK).

Follow Ups: