Re: Tuba Tyrant

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by I hear ya brother!!! on March 22, 2003 at 14:23:10:

In Reply to: Tuba Tyrant posted by Keith C. on March 22, 2003 at 10:46:09:

I have had the distinct pleasure of being put in a very similar situation. The "incummbent" was rude and very had to work with. I had sat with him through a month or so of rehearsals (2 days/week) and even played a concert with him. I am confident in my own abilities as a tuba player so, I wasn't at all intimidated, I just wish he was more pleasant to sit next to. Throughout the whole ordeal the conductor was on my side. He just told me to sit back in the section, play, and just ignore him. In the end, I think he did a pretty good job of embarassing himself.

If I were in your shoes and I had the opportunity to play with a community group with someone like that, I wouldn't do it again. I play in a community band now that is GREAT and my section is great!! I get along with each of the people in my section and every rehearsal is a lot of fun. Life is too short to waste being unhappy. I'm sorry to say this, but it just isn't worth anyone's time to put yourself in a situation that is miserable!!

By the way, in your post, I swear you described the EXACT person I sat next to. That is pretty spooky!!

-I hear ya brother!!!

Follow Ups: