Spots available for Budapest trip!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alan Herold on March 06, 2004 at 10:08:04:

If you have any interest at all in going to ITEC this summer, read this post! This is a great opportunity at a great price. I had planned on going on this trip to Budapest, but I got a GREAT deal on a house and now cannot spend the money to go. My cancellation just opened up two spots on the tour... I believe there are 2-5 spots open at this time. The following is an edited copy of an informational e-mail that Jerry Young sent me.

I hope someone fills the open spots and has a FANTASTIC time. I was really looking forward to the trip.

Interested in a special trip that will include ITEC 2004 in Budapest? Jerry and Barbara Young, in conjunction with Security Travel, will be hosting a sixteen-day trip that will hold special interest for euphonium and tuba players. The trip will include six days in Bavaria with visits to the Wenzel Meinl factory (home of Melton and Meinl-Weston instruments) in Geretsried and to the Mirafone factory in Waldkraiburg. You'll see how
euphoniums and tubas are made by some of the world's leading craftsmen. This portion of the trip will also include visits to famous Bavarian destinations such as King Ludwig's Neuschwanstein Castle and free time in Munich, which will serve as headquarters for our Bavarian adventures. The tour will include two days in Vienna, where we will visit the
Kunsthistoriches Instrument Museum and the Schönbrunn Palace. Other sightseeing activities are planned! From Vienna, we'll go directly to Budapest to celebrate a week with the finest euphonium and tuba players from around the world at ITEC 2004. The tour price will include air fare from Chicago ­ O¹Hare to Munich and home from Budapest, round trip airport transfers in Europe, hotel accommodation in 3 star hotels (based on double occupancy), buffet breakfast daily, five 3 course dinners, motor coach for
touring and transfers to Budapest, a European guide for 8 days, and driver and guide gratuities. (Your conference registration and meals in Budapest will be your responsibility.) There will be a total of forty seats available for this special tour, and it's filling up quickly, so make your reservation as soon as possible. For more information on tour plans and price information, contact Jerry Young at jyoung(AT)uwec.edu.

Come join us for a time of special camaraderie, fun, and educational enjoyment.
For other questions, our tour agent is Beth Tengowski, and her e-mail address is if you have any specific questions about stuff. Also, the idea for this trip is NOT to be "hurry up and get back on the bus." It's going to be pretty laid back. The dates are July 11 - 26.

Security Travel
ATTN: ELLEN
915 North 8th Street
Sheboygan, WI 53081

Follow Ups: