IRIS Chamber Orch + NEXUS perc. webcast

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by bloke on March 06, 2004 at 16:16:58:

Tonight at 8:00 (Central Standard Time) the IRIS Chamber Orchestra (Michael Stern - Music Director/Conductor) will perform a premiere of a four-movement work for chamber orchestra and percussion with NEXUS at Germantown Performing Arts Centre in Memphis, Tennessee.

The piece, Rituals by Ellen Taaffee Zwilich, will be webcast (audio and video) at newmusicbox.org, and will also be available for the next thirty days.

Also on the program (not webcast) will be the incidental music from Mendelssohn's Midsummer Night's Dream (including almost all of the music - Overture, Scherzo, Nocturne, Intermezzo, Dance of the Clowns, Finale)...and the J.S. Bach - Orchestral Suite #4 (D major).
editorial: The percussion piece is very cool, very well composed (and played!) and very listenable. This is not at all some typical 21st Century "space music" piece...well, except for the "spring drum"...
alas: I went to the newmusicbox.org website and can't make heads-nor-tails of it. Maybe someone a lot smarter than me can figure out how to find the place to watch/listen. Personally, I'll be a bit too busy to watch.

Follow Ups: