Re: Re: Playing trebble cleff

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chris B on March 11, 2004 at 03:36:44:

In Reply to: Re: Playing trebble cleff posted by Leland on March 09, 2004 at 00:09:52:

I second the idea of buying a complete trumpet Arban's. IMHO it should be a part of every tuba players library. When learninb Bb treble, it starts at the beginning iwht simple and easy. As you gain facility, you can move on to the tough stuff and just keep on learning. All keys are covered and the technical exercises are challenging. Lots of scale work and a host of other things. Just be sure to do soem from each section and not just go from beginning to end. There is also a set of Cds that contain piano accompaniment to the first part of he book. More are in production for the later parts. The solos at the end also help with the Bb treble beacause you may already know the melodies. In no time at all you will be playing it without a second thought. This also open up the whole trumpet literature. From Clarke's Characteristic Studies to things like the Hummel and Hadyn Concerti, you will have a lot of new music to play :)
Buy a copy of Amsden's Celebrated Practice Duets and you will be able to invite a friend over and start with the first, easy duets and then get crazy with the later ones. Great to play with a trumpet player friend. I used to do this a lot and it was fun plus it really challenged me to keep up with the trumpeter. Not even expensive. Or buy the bass clef as well and play the treble with another tuba player who has yet to see the Bb treble light. The versions of these duets are compatible with each other.

Follow Ups: