Re: Summer program for 8th Grader

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Andrew on March 12, 2004 at 13:16:07:

In Reply to: Summer program for 8th Grader posted by Ike H. on March 12, 2004 at 11:58:45:

Hey,

I'm also from Tennessee, east Tennessee to be precise. I went to Cannon Music Camp in Boone, NC, it is right across the state line into North Carolina in the Blue Ridge Mountains... BEAUTIFUL! The tuba teacher there is a really really great guy, Robert Clark. Your kid will definately learn a lot from him, he is very good with younger students and is just a genius! Anyway, its a 3 or 4 week long camp with two bands, a jazz band, and an orchestra. The conductors are college conductors and are generally excellent. I went for 3 years and had a blast. I was in the orchestra and played under William Henry Curry, who conducts NC symphony pops and is Assistant Conductor in NC symphony, we did a few side by side concerts with the NC symphony and it was very cool. I got to play Die Miestersinger with them whe I was like 15! Anyway, I hope this is usable information, He would definately have a good time there though, and learn a lot. I went when I was coming out of 8th grade for what its worth and there are several kids there that do the same. I am sure that they have a web site. Email me if you have any questions about this.

Good luck

Andrew Welborn

Follow Ups: