Re: Re: Program Advice

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by not so fast... on March 17, 2004 at 13:34:00:

In Reply to: Re: Program Advice posted by Errrrrrrrr... on March 17, 2004 at 12:42:13:

Way back in the dark ages (76), since I was only required to do one recital for my "Ed" degree - a "Junior Recital", I played all of this crap. Maybe I was dumb, but I made it through the recital without problems. Anyone who wishes may review the hiss-y old tape (if I could find it) and evalute the quality of the performances. It was a bit much for one pianist to prepare, so I asked Don Freund (now on the faculty at Indiana) to come in and play the Hindemith (actually a "piano" sonata anyway with tuba acct). He and I had one run-through of the Hindemith at his house prior to the recital. Though he played the piece well enough for a commercially-released recording, I really think he was sight-reading at the run-through.

- Halsey Stevens - Sonatina (complete)
- Hindemith - Sonata (complete)
- Wilder - Effie Suite (complete)
- Wilder - Suite for Horn, Tuba, and Piano (complete)
Tuba quartet:
- my arrangement of Bach - Contrapunctus IX (d)
- my arrangement of Alpert - This Guy's in Love (w/5 tubas + trap set)
- Luedeke (??) - Wonderland Duets (complete, with narrator and some stage props)
- Asleep in the Deep (Dukes of Dixieland arrangement with 2-trombones 7 pc. jazz band - the one with the low FFF at the end)
- two more jazz band encores

Follow Ups: