Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: More Bad News

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by horrible attitude! on March 19, 2004 at 00:22:18:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: More Bad News posted by Matt G on March 18, 2004 at 17:24:24:

"Once again, the rich are a neccessity, as are the poor, the homeless, and the middle class. "

???

If you feel that the homeless and the poor are social variables that work to your benefit then I really hope you're happy with the person you see in the mirror every day. That's like saying "rape, incest, racism, and paedophelia are a necessity", it just isn't true. It might be a sad reality that this is how are society works nowadays, but americans(and anyone else with said attitude) really need to move past the mindset that "there isn't any other/any better way to do it".. it's simply not true.

I firmly believe that this world will one day see a time where the extremes of richess and poverty are completely eradicated. There will still be rich people, there will still be poor, but everyone will be equal. In my lifetime? Probably not. As long as the world's only superpower is working adamantly AGAINST the concept of a cooperative global civilization, we're moving farther and farther away from a prosperous future.

fwiw.

Follow Ups: