Re: TubeNet is moving soon!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Leland on March 19, 2004 at 22:15:29:

In Reply to: TubeNet is moving soon! posted by Sean Chisham on March 18, 2004 at 22:21:23:

Two big reasons I like the other format:

"View new posts since last visit" means that I don't have to scrounge around the whole forum just to see what's new. I've even resorted to using my browser's Find Text... command to look for everything posted on a certain date in the old Tubenet I. Sometimes, that would reveal a reply wayyyy at the bottom of the page, which was due to be pushed off the bottom without any further response or notice.

Tubenet I, technically, only has links to posts on every page, and you can only read one post per page. Being able to read a bunch of posts on one page is very, very handy. This particular thread has 56-odd responses, which means that I'd have to go through 56 pages just to read the whole thing. A similar thread on Tubenet II already has 57 responses (at the moment!), and it only takes FOUR pages to read everything.

The new site will work fine. I'm already only coming back here to give pointers to the newbies & the stubborn. ;-)

Follow Ups: