Silver Rotor PT-6 For Sale

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joseph Felton on March 21, 2004 at 19:53:12:

I'm looking for $8000 OBO. The $8000 price is actually pretty firm but feel free to make an offer anyhow. I bought it six years ago for $10,000 and it has been well maintained. I'm willing to throw in a Custom Music gig bag if that will help make the sell. I have a Walt Johnson case that can be used to ship it out if needed but I'll need to have it shipped back to me. I don't yet have pictures available but hope to have some soonish if it doesn't sell first.

Let me know what you think.

The description:
In terms of ease of play, intonation, and sound I think it's the best PT-6 I've ever played. I really dig this horn. I compared it to an HB6 about a year ago and thought that my horn blew the HB6 away. I dare you to find something wrong with how this horn plays.. big easy lows and warm lyrical highs. It's a gem of a horn. Mechanically this is a solid horn. I had Kevin Powers at Custom convert the original ball and socket linkage to a unibal linkge of his creation. It is a stouter linkage than what comes with new horns. I'm religious about keeping my horns clean on the inside. They get a thorough cleaning every six months and I use Musichem Rotor oil on the valves. The rotors are still mostly shiny like new, are very fast and light, and have extremely good compression. I use generic french horn springs on the valves which makes for a very light and fast action. This horn makes for a very easy carnival of venice. Cosmetically it isn't perfect but not too terribly far from it. In all reality it doesn't look terribly different from when I bought it new. There were a few thin spots in the silver plating(there when I bought it) in inobtrusive locations and two dents in the side opposite the bell of the bottom bow when I bought the horn about six years ago. I had Kevin Powers at Custom remove the dents to the best of his abilities. He left some slight pock marks with his tool but it's not very noticable. Over the years I have put a very few little dings in the horn but had all those removed about a year ago. The only signs of those dings are a slight ripple in the bottom bow from the dent eraser that was used. When I have pictures ready none of the blemishes I've mentioned are likely to be readily visible in the picture.

Follow Ups: