Re: payments on a tuba

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tito on May 09, 1999 at 06:35:20:

In Reply to: payments on a tuba posted by Matt on May 03, 1999 at 21:02:31:

Hey Matt,
I know your situation very well. I had wanted a tuba of my own for the past 4 years while i was in high school, but my parents and i couldn't afford to pay 3,000 to 4,000 up front so what i did was wait and wait and wait, until i finally ended up buying one of my friends tubas. A CC Cervery Piggy. I'd been using since the summer after my senior year through the winter of my freshman year in college. Well, he obviously had a new better tuba (hirsbrunner CC) so that one was just sitting. His mother wanted soooo badly to get rid of it and lose even more money on it so she sold it to me for $1,800 and i get to make it in payments too. :0) Originally, they wanted $3,500 for the horn when i was a junior in high school, but as time passed the price dropped and as you can see, i got a great deal! The horn plays very well, suits my needs perfectly and was possible because of the payments which are about 150 a month. So if u can find someone around your area that's in the same situtation then look into it. There are always brand new music majors who go to college with a second tuba sitting in the closet. Well Good luck!
Adios,
Tito Alvarez

Follow Ups: