Re: Re: Expert Advice Needed

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ken k on May 17, 1999 at 07:51:21:

In Reply to: Re: Expert Advice Needed posted by Joe S. on May 17, 1999 at 01:31:09:

You might want to try heavier valve oil. There used to be a brand called "Space Filler" which was designed for older horns with more clearance in the valves. I do not know if this is still available. I would think to get the horn to be a real player you will have to put a lot of money into it. Then you may or may not have a good player it is a crap shoot really. When you hear about people redoing old Yorks and such and using them as serious players, It usually amounts to a cmplete tear down and rebuild or what they call blue printing and you are talking big bucks there. ken k

Follow Ups: