Re: Re: Re: Re: an open letter to the tuba exchange

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dale Phelps on May 17, 1999 at 10:56:56:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: an open letter to the tuba exchange posted by Bryan on May 17, 1999 at 01:51:32:

Estate sale pricing, as in your example, is one thing. Making an extreme low-ball offer while intentionally taking advantage of malleability or naivete on the part of the seller is something else entirely.

You are correct, in that concerned tuba players had well take "time out" for these "old guys." While today I might have questioned the veracity of the initial post which started this thread, I can see where this type of dialog is exactly what it will take to "help these old guys out" with respect to getting low-balled by dealers. I for one am curious whether a response from the retailer will be forthcoming, but if we didn't see one it would not surprise me at all. I think the caliber of responses here indicates pretty clearly that what happened here is indefensible, so we wind up with goofy analogies about ford pintos or statements like "business is business" How I just LOVE the average articulate tubist !

Follow Ups: