Re: Re: Cool musical experiences

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dave Seip on May 19, 1999 at 20:16:04:

In Reply to: Re: Cool musical experiences posted by Leland on May 19, 1999 at 09:54:36:

Another of my favorite musical experiences happened on the field. I haven't made the leap to corps yet, but my marching band is really good. Last year, near the end of the show, there was a company front (for you non-marching people, that's when the band or corps gets in a big horizontal line and marches forward) at the climax in the closer, and the drill writer was kind enough to put me at the center of the line. So far that year, we had been doing pretty good at that front, but we just weren't putting out enough. At one of the football games, I became determined to give absolutely everything I had. When we hit it, everyone did a pretty good job of playing powerfully there, which was cool in and of itself, but even better than that: my little 3/4 contra and I outblasted the entire band! I was putting out a sound equivalent or greater than what I suppose you would call the "Mighty Saint Joe's" volume, and it was cool. Even cooler was how nuts the crowd went when we hit the set. That's something I'll never forget.

Follow Ups: