Re: Flying with Tuba

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michael Russo on May 29, 2000 at 06:45:18:

In Reply to: Flying with Tuba posted by Shon on May 29, 2000 at 00:19:15:

I've had my tubas with me many times when flying Northwest. The big problem is usually weight. If the horn is over their weight restriction, that will cost you about $50. If it's over size as well, that's another $50. But, there are ways around this.

Check the horn at the curb side check-in. It's a lot cheaper to pay a skycap $20 to take good care of your baby, than it is to pay tons of money inside! Sometimes, the skycaps are in such a hurry that they won't even care what you're handing them, and they'll just put the tag on and send it!

If someone says the case is over weight or over size, MAKE THEM WEIGH IT AND/OR MEASURE IT!!!! Most people won't take the time to do that. Just say you think it's really close, so you want to make sure that it's over the restriction.

I've taken my 4/4 Rudy all over the place in a huge trunk. I've never had a major problem. Sometimes I just have to pay, but most of the time, if I get there early enough, I can work something out.

Good luck, and enjoy ITEC!

mike russo

Follow Ups: