Re: Re: Re: Re: Willson 3050 vs. B&S PT6

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joseph Felton on June 02, 2000 at 11:30:54:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Willson 3050 vs. B&S PT6 posted by Gaz on June 02, 2000 at 00:15:07:

Hrmmm... It would appear that I have been confused with *someone* that has attacked or defamed your original words in some way. I am hopeful that if you reread your original post directly followed by mine you will find that this is not the case. Perhaps my attempts at being very clear and precise with the words I choose to post has in some way alienated you? I would like to suggest that in principle our posts agree with each other: we both feel that the Willson and PT-6 are both good horns. The point at which we disagree regards what situations the PT-6 is best suited for. You suggested that the PT-6 was good for anything but orchestral playing and I happen to feel that orchestral playing is one of its strong suits. It seems perfectly appropriate to me to post a contrasting opinion as a reply and I'm not at all likely to change that practice in the future based on this experience. Although I feel that you may have a difficult time persuading others that the PT-6 is no good for orchestra, especially in the face of the recent list of professional orchestral players using them in orchestras, if I were you I would take the time to write a(long winded) response outlining why you feel as you do. In my limited experience this has proven itself to be a much more effective tactic for changing other's opinions than telling people that they shouldn't reply if they don't already agree.

For you.. a nickel,
Joseph Felton

Follow Ups: