Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Contra-Octave in band playing

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Don't get nasty Jay. on May 08, 2001 at 16:43:52:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Contra-Octave in band playing posted by Jay Bertolet on May 07, 2001 at 20:45:39:

Well I certainly forgot just how specific we have to be here Jay, or you can find a loophole somewhere for an argument. I should say Military bands, many brass bands practice adding octaves where not written. We should all be impressed with you ability to find two groups which are the exception. I think you could also find more groups that add pedals than restrain themselves....and... I would certainly LOVE to see you tell John Cradler you don't love the pedals, because frankly, I don't think you would. I'm not by any means trying to sound like I'm a professional on the matter, but I do think there is a double standard going on with this high school kid that is not justified.
I don't understand why whenever there is an anonymous post that disagrees with one of the regulars (there are exceptions of course) that the fact that it is anonymous is brought into the light...as if being anonymous takes away from the effectiveness of the point trying to be made....just think about it.

Follow Ups: