Michael Lind - The Virtuoso Tuba

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Richard on May 09, 2001 at 21:58:41:

Here's a heads-up to anyone who does not already own Michael Lind's recording The Virtuoso Tuba (Caprice CAP 21493) Which contains among other attractions, a truly excellent performance of the Vaughan Williams on an Alexander F. My store received a list of deletions today, and I'm sorry to report that this was among the casualties. My store (Tower near Lincoln Center) had ONE copy when I left work today. If you're in the area, come and get it. We are required to return deletions, but I'll hold onto it as long as I can. If you're too far away to come in person call (212)799-2500 during business hours and ask for me in the classical department. Forget the website, they don't have it and can't get it. Barry G. if you're reading and you have any, join in. Why return it if we can sell it to person or persons who SHOULD have it?

Otherwise, if you miss it at Tower, try some of the pro shops, for instance I know Dillon's carries brass CDs and I think I've seen this there. The independant pro shops that carry selected recordings as a sideline don't have to return deletions.

It's also possible that Virtuoso Tuba will continue to be available in Sweden and elswhere in Europe and that it's merely being dropped by it's North American distributor, Allegro.

But, most importantly, YOU should have it. It's one of the great solo tuba recordings.

Follow Ups: