Re: What kind of equipment do yo use

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe S. on May 10, 2001 at 02:02:29:

In Reply to: What kind of equipment do yo use posted by Let's have some fun! on May 09, 2001 at 11:40:29:

Occasionally O.P.T. (other people's tubas) if they wait several days to come and get them after they are repaired.

- my trusty old early '80's 6V B&S F with all of my personal "wear" 'n' (not too much) "tear" - I'll die owning this instrument.
- All the CC's that I've ever owned I've SOLD (Mira 186CC, Mira 184-5CC, 1950's Alex CC, aNOTHER Mira 184-5CC, a Mira 188 gold brass, a RM 5V 4/4 CC, a rotary MW 2155CC, aNOTHER RM 5V 4/4 CC, a Holton 6/4 4+1 CC, a Hirbrunner 21 CC, ...pro'ly a couple of forgotten ones) after a couple of years - at the longest.
- currently, I'm building two CC's - a 6/4 and a 4/4. Both are quite far along, but neither are completed nor playable. The 6/4 is closer to being finished. It has a Kurath 19.5" (chopped off shorter) bell, a Martin 6/4 (7/4 ??) body, a King .750" 4 piston valveset, and a rotor. *** The other has a 19.5" York bell (tall, but chopped off shorter), a Bohm & Meinl body, a 4 piston Bohm & Meinl valveset, and a (probably Kruspe-made) rotor.
- I also have the detachable-bell York 3 piston EEb helicon creation that I posted earlier. I'm pretty happy with this guy.
- I can always get my hands on a 3/4 Weril BBb 4 piston or a BBb fiber or brass sousa from the store...I'm partial to the old Conn 14K model with its balanced sound and great intonation, but also appreciate the majesty of a Conn 20K.
- There will be a Weril 3/4 4 piston EEb in my store in a day or two.

- I use a slightly backbore-enlarged Marcinkiewicz H1 on large tubas and two different custom variants of Miraphone C4's (basically flatter rim, much larger throat, and much larger backbore - sort of like the old Mira Rose "Solo" but even more) on small tubas.

Follow Ups: