Re: strap wrench

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Frustrated Aussie on May 10, 2001 at 04:03:23:

In Reply to: strap wrench posted by Mark F. on May 10, 2001 at 00:53:48:

Mark, et al
Sean will probably kill me, or at least this reply, but you have done something terrible to me. You have tempted me to buy from Sears!!! (yes this will be tuba related and I am serious, at least at times.) I remember when I was a kid, way back around the middle of the last century, we would anxiously await the semi-annual Sears catalog (note I used US spelling, not catalogue) and about Oct/Nov the Christmas cat. which the parents would leave out with a hint that Santa looked to see what GOOD kids marked as their wish list items.) Anyway, to the point.......... Sears won't accept my order as I don't live in the land of the free and apple pie, thanksgiving, 4th of July and jozafones any more. I can resist anything but temptation and a Sears cat. (even on line type)and this is temptation. This strap looks like a handy thing to use and suggest to teachers who often wreck instruments with stuck valve caps before they bring them to me to fix for free. Could you do a really big favour and find a source so I could get at least one of these to audition??????

If you could relay me such info you will join the list of all time great helpers of displaced,ex Chicago, orphanned tuba players of the world at the number two spot. (Brian Frederiksen currently holds #1 spot as he has assured me that what used to be the California Zephyr is now equiped with a virtuoso standard Verdi performing cimbasso(instead of standard air horn) equipped train which is now headed toward my place in the middle of nowhere in Australia and loaded with great Chicago Pizza and beer not Carnegie hall sandwiches.) ( Jake loved Berghoff dark and I know Harvey did not mind a drop and some pizza - it helped us get that relaxed diaphragmatic muscle (some call expanding waist line) which is needed to carry one through 3 movements of a symphony before making our first entry, a'la Berlioz. (It got its name fantastic from the wait the tubas had to endure before making it sound fantastic!) I now sit at the railway line everynight at 3 AM practicing, hoping that "lost" cimbasso will find its soul mate and stop when it hears its relative playing.

Sean, Please don't kill me. After all I am one of your brothers in arms, having spent 6 years doing army band! Besides, I could use this info.

Follow Ups: