Re: Re: Re: Re: How do I sell a tuba?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Anthony Labelle on May 15, 2001 at 11:34:03:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: How do I sell a tuba? posted by Agree with the Tiger on May 15, 2001 at 06:08:25:

I agree that you generally can't go wrong with Dillons, but they've had TWO Kalison 4+1 CC tubas for sale for about a year now, so I don't think the poster would have much success with them in this particular case(at least, not on consignment). Not the fault of Dillons, just the basic principal of supply and demand.

I'd print up some pretty little flyers, or make a little web page to promote it, then advertise it to all the local schools(high schools and colleges), and also the tuba forums online. You could also try E-b*y as a last resort, if you wanted to, but there's no telling how good or bad that can end up. I'd also give Mike Russo and David Fedderly a call, they both often buy horns up front(rather than putting them on consignment)... you might not get exactly the amount you're looking for, but they'll both be very up front about how much the horn is worth to them. Best of luck.

Anthony

Follow Ups: