Re: consequences of NOT removing wisdom teet

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by JayH on May 16, 2001 at 11:26:51:

In Reply to: consequences of NOT removing wisdom teet posted by anon on May 16, 2001 at 02:34:07:

I had one wisdom tooth taken out last summer, and if I didn't I would have been in trouble. The way it was coming in it was pushing the bottom teeth forward and started causing some discomfort. I had stiches in the back for about a week, and my healing period was close to two weeks before I was playing again.
This summer I will be getting out at least one more. This one is the worst of them all, coming in sideways, and pushing my gum. This could cause infections, and once again can push my teeth forward. I had actually stopped playing for one week a few months ago, due to pain caused by that stupid tooth.
What I guess I am getting at is that if they are coming in like the above, I would fully suggest getting them out. It will be worth it in the long run. When you go to your dentist next, have them check x-rays and see how they are coming in, and get his opinion. If he says its not going to do anything, then I really wouldn't worry about it. I will eventually get all of mine out, just to play it safe. But I am also covered under my insurance plan, and I also get knocked out ( I can't stand blood, or seeing anything like that) so no pain during that procedure.

Follow Ups: