Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Drug testing at Auditions?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe Baker on May 22, 2001 at 14:51:56:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Drug testing at Auditions? posted by Ed on May 22, 2001 at 14:04:49:

Take whatever side you want in the controversy, and I'll agree that drug companies are in the business of profits (which is good). But if anything, the drug companies would LOVE to see medical marijuana become a reality. In order to have controlled and metered dosage, it would have to be be processed, and that's where the drug companies would get a profit off of it. I'm not altogether convinced of pot's alleged beneficial claims, but if proven it should be delivered in a form other than a baggy, with concentration ranging wildly from one sample to another. Besides, there is a sociological/aesthetic issue involved: my grandmother has glaucoma, but even if she thought it would work she would never roll one up and toke it. She might take a pill or a patch that contained a dosage of THC, however.

If, as it seems, you have a problem with those 'greedy drug companies', may I suggest you simply boycott their products. That'll show 'em!

Joe "Who doesn't even know anyone in the industry, but is thankful for meds that keep his family alive" Baker

Follow Ups: