Re: Re: Re: Doug Elliott Mouthpieces.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wade on May 23, 2001 at 13:38:53:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Doug Elliott Mouthpieces. posted by Tom Mason on May 23, 2001 at 10:39:42:

Hey, Tom!

I won the national audition May 10, 1993 and moved out here late that August from Denton, TX. The MSO had two local auditions prior to mine, and for the money that the gig paid (at that time) a surprising number of good players showed up to the big one. But I have stuck it out and been active on various committees (sp?) and worked hard to justify the tuba as being a "real" instrument to various board members, etc.

So in my third year my position was made full-time, given insurance, and generally treated like a human being. Ted Cox had the gig prior to me and had the same problems as I have had. They put him in the core, but when I arrived a BIG debt had built up and the Principal Tuba/Brass Quintet position was yanked. All of Ted's hard work had been thrown out by the management of that period. So I had to start over at square one, so to speak.

So, Tom...
Do you play in ASO or over here in Tupelo? E-mail me if you plan to be in the area and we could get together for lunch or something. I would like to here you play sometime. Take care!

Wade Rackley

Follow Ups: