Re: Re: Re: How much should I pay???????

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Klaus on May 27, 2001 at 11:33:42:

In Reply to: Re: Re: How much should I pay??????? posted by Joe S. on May 27, 2001 at 10:48:58:

To make one thing sure: I have never been dealing with Joe S. Neither goods or $$ have been moved between us.

But the calc Joe presented is a precision of the thougths behind my first posting.

And one thing more:

If you end up with a perfect 1967 B&H euph for a combined cost in the $2500+ range, you still will have an instrument with the old narrower receiver and leadpipe, called the European. Might work well, but it certainly diminishes the # of mouthpieces to choose among.

A final point, that might get me some flaming:

When I taught brass, I fastly realised, that the instruments, that I preferred for my own use, not necessarily were the best for young students.

My present YEP 641 euph is heavier and of a larger bore, than the B&H in question. A young student would not find that Yamaha being an easy instrument to play.

I found the YEP 321 to be a good student instrument. When I mention the Weril, then because it has all the benefits of the YEP 321, the case maybe excepted, and then it is a better instrument for making music, as it has the large leadpipe. Maybe the factor making it a freer blowing instrument.

Klaus

Follow Ups: