Re: Roger Bobo's farewell performance.....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mark Fabulich on May 30, 2001 at 16:53:01:

In Reply to: Roger Bobo's farewell performance..... posted by Tom McCaslin on May 30, 2001 at 10:31:17:

Here's a BIG second to your post, Tom. Of course you know that I was there in Riva del Garda too, but to everyone else, I can't emphasize how true Tom's words are. I have spent the last two years in Lausanne, Switzerland, studying with Maestro Bobo, and I don't even want to think of how I would be playing if I had never met him. Like Tom, I am also very sad to know that I will never get to hear Roger Bobo play live again, but I'm even more sad for those of you who never had, or never took, the chance to hear him. Lots of players have their (very strong) opinions about Roger Bobo, but if you have ever heard him play live, I'm sure you are "a believer." He is one of the greatest musicians in our instrument's short history and I can't recommend highly enough to ANY tubist reading this to take ANY opportunity you have to play for him, talk to him, hang out with him, watch him conduct, ANYTHING. We are lucky to have this legendary musician in "our world" of tuba and I sincerely hope that we all get to enjoy his music for many more years.

Here's to you, Maestro... I'm going to miss you.

Sincerely,
Mark Fabulich

Follow Ups: