50th Anniv. Bb Miraphone Tuba for Sale!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Anthony Mason on May 31, 2001 at 19:10:29:

50th Anniversary BBb Tuba MIRAFONE
Serial Number: 15841

Listen up folks! This tuba is NO LONGER IN PRODUCTION!!! Mirafone only made a handful of these special anniversary horns. This is a great collector’s item and is very hard to find. I have played on this tuba for about 2 ½ years and have kept it in excellent condition, despite the fact that I only play my C tuba now. It plays beautifully and produces a rich, mellow sound that is ideal for all levels of playing including small ensembles, small orchestras, chamber orchestras, and solo works. Very stable in both registers and performs nicely, especially in the lower octaves. Lacquered red brass looks absolutely gorgeous under stage lights. Contains a few minor dings and a little bit of scratching on the underside. I hate to let this tuba go because it has been my pride and joy. Here are the specs on this special tuba:

17 ¾ in. Bell
.770 Bore size
40 in. Tall
4 Rotary Valves
Nickel Silver Bell Ring, Tuning Slides, Braces, Brace Tubes, Lead Pipe, Rotor Caps, and Ferrules.
Red Brass Bell and Red Brass Body (Produces rich, warm sound in contrast to the common Yellow Brass of regular Miraphones, which produces brighter tones)
“50 Years,” serial and model numbers engraved on bell with a fancy Ivy Bordering.
Beautiful engraving on nickel Rotor Caps.
Comes with a Brasswind Gig Bag. Shoulder straps are customized for comfort.

PLUS:
VENTED FIRST VALVE It is a very small hole that is drilled into the side of the valve casing itself, allowing air to move freely when the tuning slide is pulled in or out. This prevents the pop sound that occurs when an unvented valve’s slide is pulled in or out without first pressing down the corresponding key. I had this work done by a professional instrument repair technician.

Asking price: $4,900.00 (Will negotiate)

Email me for questions or pictures of this one of a kind tuba!
cajunfry(AT)home.com or on AOL Instant Messenger: MRBIATCHNTN (I'm always online)

Follow Ups: