Weril 980 4V 4/4 tubas w/creased bells

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by js on May 02, 2002 at 19:27:54:

I'm breaking my very own pledge regarding spamming the list, but here goes...(last chance to click away...5..4..3..2..1..HERE GOES!)

If anyone is interested in the Weril "clone" of the Yamaha YBB-321 (big tuba, BBb, top-action, 4 pistons) for C-H-E-E-P, there are currently a couple of new ones available that had their bell flares creased during shipment.

It would be best to have your LOCAL repairman straighten the bell flares, if you're interested. That way, shipping would only have to be paid ONE time. (These are too big for U.P.S. and have to go by "common carrier" by the hundredweight.)

There are ONLY TWO OF THESE creased-bell tubas available. The price is only

$1875 - tuba only
$2040 - tuba with (very sturdy, btw) hard case

Remember that shipping is not included in this price, and to budget for the bell flare straightening. I would thing these would be ideal for:

- a school band (The bells on school tubas get creased after about five minutes, anyway.)
- someone on a budget who wants to save several hundred bucks

Please don't email me asking me to quote shipping. I ain't no expert on freight. However, I DO know that Con-Way is one of the very cheapest shippers. (Find and ask THEM.)...The whole thing will weigh less than 100 pounds. (They'll ask.)

As to what someone else would charge to take out the creases...Heck, I dunno what other people charge, but what if they REALLY charged a lot, like $100... ' still a deal, right?

Thanks,

Joe

Follow Ups: