Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ALABAMA SYMPHONY

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by sheesh and dp on May 07, 2002 at 17:53:52:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ALABAMA SYMPHONY posted by ... on May 07, 2002 at 15:15:22:

you are simply mistaken, and two screens worth of emotion-laden diatribe seem to indicate that.
1) I do not live off of your dollars, I live off of my hard work.
2) The original poster (from the FCC?) likely also lives as a result of his hard work.
3) Patrons of arts programs include but are certainly not limited to long-time subscribers of programs who attend only occasionally, yet make a point to donate back tix for performances which they do not plan to attend (arts organization then collects twice for the one seat or admission.) Patrons are also those who simply attend regularly. Patrons are those who make donations, be those donations a widow's mite, or a Gates-sized contribution. Just because you think the majority of the wealthy have no sense of philanthropy doesn't make it so
3a) Far more support to the arts comes from private parties like (some of) those people on your BBS with the hated "good paying jobs" Were it not for those of us who ARE supporters, do you really think the NEA money would keep our precious orchestras alive? Hardly.
4) It is a shame you are so easily offended, and that you've interpreted my post as elitist, I guess the final quote (from Karl Marx) and its implied irony was somehow lost on you?
5) I suggest you take your hard-earned dollars and go talk to a professional,
sounds like you need it - but would be too proud to go to a free clinic.
6) As for me, it is good that I do not really know who you are, as I would be tempted to allow this discussion to become as personal as you (evidently) intend it to be. Best wishes to you.

Follow Ups: