Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: My new King 2341

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tony E on May 12, 2002 at 00:52:42:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: My new King 2341 posted by ED on May 10, 2002 at 09:07:57:

Ed,

And, of course, I wouldn't really spank you.

Well, when I use the term bullet proof to describe the design, I mean that UMI seems to have designed a horn with no serious weaknesses. The horn does well accross the board...intonation, tone, agility, efficiency/response, ergonomics, etc. In my experience, that's no small achievement. I've said before that I feel they could tighten up some aesthetic issues in their production, but as far as the design of the horn, I think they "nailed it". That's certainly not to say that it's for everyone.

There's been a little bit of conversation about the small bore size. Actually, it took me a while to get the hang of brining the horn to a full crecendo and expressing large scale dynamics without getting raspy, but a few folks gave me some good guidance off line and in person, and after a while I got the hang of it. The small bore probably does dictate closer attention to slow, broad airflow. But, since the horn responds to the appropriate technique, I wouldn't characterize that as a weakness.

Tony

Follow Ups: