Re: Re: Question for the Professionally employed

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Lee Stofer on May 13, 2002 at 09:57:04:

In Reply to: Re: Question for the Professionally employed posted by Alan Herold on May 08, 2002 at 09:38:01:

Any comfort that Alan has taken in his position was well-deserved, because he has been a hard worker and an excellent musician. He has defined, and set off upon a personal course of excellence that will take him far in the musical world. I'm quite proud of him, and would welcome the opportunity to work with him again in the future.

I would recommend to anyone who is trying to get started in professional music, to consider doing a tour in a military band. And, the "premier bands" are not the only gigs out there. There are outstanding opportunities in the "regular" bands. I am a tubist that now professionally doubles on bass and trombone. I got the opportunity to grow and develop on these instruments in a regular Army Band, and probably wouldn't have been able to in one of the Washington organizations, at least not as quickly. Plus, I was able to get the experience of being an every-day, working tubist that gave me the confidence to play better and continue to develop.
-Lee Stofer

Follow Ups: