Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dear I.T.E.A.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by You'll love this! on May 17, 2002 at 22:22:32:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dear I.T.E.A. posted by mouth on May 17, 2002 at 19:14:02:

No offense taken. I'm just not happy the ITEC's don't allow for more general membership to be involved. Also, the whole reason to have these conferences is to promote the instruments(tuba/euph.) in a positive way. Sure, it's great to have the world's best players performing, I thoroughly enjoy listening, however, where are the composers, arrangers, publishers, media, etc that need to be at these conferences? Everyone on this board knows what the level of playing is these days, what good does it do if tuba/euph. players are the only ones there to listen? Again, I'm not blaming anyone, there just isn't an orginizational effort to do this. Until this happens at conferences like it did at the first one, they just seem pointless. The Association should be doing these things and they're just not! I'd be happy not to receive a Journal at all if I knew some new music was created for our instruments. Hell, I get news about whats really going on in the tuba/euph world here at TUBENET faster than the Journal anyway! Also, you might be suprised that a lot of the older members(founders) are not happy with what is going on. Maybe the negativity will boost some action.
*peace*

Follow Ups: