Re: ITEC PREP

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brian Frederiksen on May 18, 2002 at 10:34:40:

In Reply to: ITEC PREP posted by Hiram Diaz on May 18, 2002 at 09:43:30:

This is a good one especially for me today.

I have been to a lot of ITECs starting with the first in 1973. It use to be easy in the old days as a student - horn, music, clothes and money. Later when I went with Mr Jacobs we left the horns at home but had to bring his toys for a lecture. As much as we tried, there was always something missing!

Now, as a vendor, it is a real pain! I decided to fly in but have more to bring than I can on the plane. Monday I will ship things out but than means I have to pack this weekend. Adding to the fun, last time I did this, UPS played volleyball with a box and, after they repacked it, there was a case of books and a lot of CDs missing. I need a complete inventory of each box for insurance reasons. Then comes the task of determining how many of each to bring. For Regina I introduced the Jacobs CD - brought 200 there and returned with 100 (can't figure that one). This year I have a new CD on the same order (can't say what at this time) but how many to bring? See, ITEC shuts down Saturday and UPS is closed - at least Fed Ex is open but I would rather just have enough to bring back in my baggage and do the national pastime the last night of ITEC, get drunk rather than pack.

So, while I'm not bringing a horn (Mr Jacobs told me to borrow one on the other end), I am spending the weekend packing. If that isn't bad enough, I have a concert tomorrow - Ives #2 (boring) with a Saturday night rehearsal (even more boring).

Hope everyone else has a better weekend!

Follow Ups: